Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throw Back Thursday

Well as it is Thursday I am going to do a throw back of a dress I made..... All the way back to last week. It has been so busy around my crazy abode that I forgot to show you my new dress. The pattern is Belladone Dress from Deer and Doe. This beautiful independent pattern design comes all the way from France and is printed on recycled paper and comes in beautiful packaging. The directions are super easy to follow and are clearly written and this dress has POCKETS. To me all dresses should have pockets.
 I cut a strait 38 as I have read from other blogs that this dress is strait forward. I through caution to the wind and did not make a muslin.

I made the dress with a left over piece of stretchy denim I bought from Fabric.com. I made it work from only about a yard and a half of 54 inch fabric. I also made the bias tape from a dress I SHOULD have made a muslin for and had to scrap.

Ok without further adieu (see there I used my high school French) is my awesomeness of a dress.

 
Please excuse my slouchy weirdness of this front view. My husband and I were taking these pictures quickly before we headed off to an appointment.
 
 
What more can I say about this pattern? Ok I can find a lot more... I love that it is sleeveless. Here in the Texas heat it is great. I always have a sweater on hand for the indoor places that freeze me out. I love that there are no facings or linings for this dress too. It is also some what plain in the front, but then you get this....
 
 
Here is a close up of this sweet feature.
 
 
Also here is one on my dress form that shows that the neck sits flat and not all wompy, like on the live model.
 
 
Well that's it for throwback Thursday and this great dress pattern. I know that I will be making more of these. I might try going with a fancy material next time....
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment