Saturday, August 3, 2013

How I Honor

I CrossFit. I love CrossFit and every so often we as a whole group we honor our fallen heroes. This is what I did today.

Photo: As we all prepare to kick-off the events this weekend, please consider changing your profile picture to our logo.  It is a simple way to show the families that we remember their loved ones as we approach the 8.6.11 anniversary.

 
I was really hot here in North West Houston today, but it was nothing compared to what out men and women go through everyday in our armed forces.  So to honor them my partner and myself ran 400m with a 25 pound plate, lifted a 65 pound barbell over our head in what is called a thruster, jumped on a 20 inch box, and do burpees with a plate, as many times as we could for 31 minutes.
 
 
This is my partner and I BEFORE we started.
 
See how great we look. We are ready for with world with a smile. I was nervous. I am ALWAYS nervous before these types of workouts. I want to do better then my best for the people that died to let me live free in this country and I also want to do my best for my partner.
 
 
 
This is at the END of 31 minutes.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are from in between.
 
So there I will end this post as I could go on forever about how hard, HOT, sweaty, and fun this Saturday morning was.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment